Almond chicken is sensational. I often have it one weekends or Friday nights as it’s such a treat. My family and friends really enjoy it. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
There are a few variations you can make to the recipe. First, you can alter the amount of almonds. I use about half a cup, but you can use more or less depending on your liking. Try to use a good quality almond, however. You can use roasted or plain depending on your liking.
In terms of the spices, you can add as much or as little as you like. For example, if you are a garlic lover, you can add more; if you are not, you can add less. You can also add the spices of your choice if you wish.
The vegetables are completely optional. I have seen many recipes for almond chicken, and the vegetables vary. These are the veggies of my choice, but you can add any kind of vegetables. In example, some egg plan or something similar might be a welcomed addition.
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of corn starch
- For the sauce:
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch diluted in 2 tbsp of water
- For the stir Fry:
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 5 button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 can of baby corn
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 thumbs size ginger, chopped
- pepper to taste
- Add the chicken, soy sauce, and corn starch to a bowl. Mix until well combined and set it aside.
- Pour some oil to a pan and preheat to about 350 degrees F or 170 C. Fry the almonds for about a minute of two and set aside.
- Remove oil but leave about 2 tbsp of oil for stir frying. Put the onion, ginger and garlic in and saute until fragrant. Add the chicken in and fry for a few minutes until there are pink areas.
- Add in the celery, mushrooms, corn, and carrots. Season with pepper and fry for 2 or 3 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Pour the chicken stock and soy sauce in and bring it to a boil.
- After a boil, pour in the diluted corn starch and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Turn off the heat and stir the almonds in.
- Garnish with chopped almonds.
Share This Recipe