Apple fritters are fast, easy, and delicious. They are made with a simple combination of ingredients such as flour, eggs, apples, milk, etc. The fritters are then deep fried to a golden brown. In the final touch, we add a dusting of sugar and cinnamon. The outcome of this recipe is an apple fritter with a taste and texture that’s simply to die for. As always, give these incredibly tasty fritters a try and let us know what you think.
There are a couple of tips to making this yummy dessert. First, the amount of cinnamon and sugar you use is optional. For example, if you want less of a cinnamon punch, reduce the amount. The same applies to the sugar. If you simply aren’t a cinnamon fan, you can use plain sugar or confectioner’s sugar. I use Granny Smith apples in this recipe because they are one of my favorites, You, however, can use the apple of your choice. Deep frying them for 2 or 3 minutes, rotating them occasionally, usually produces a beautiful golden brown fritter. You can adjust the frying time accordingly, however.Video:
- 1½ cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp of white granulated sugar
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ cup of milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- For Coating:
- ½ cup of white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 3 cups (3 apples) of Granny Smith apples, chopped
- oil for frying
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to a medium size mixing bowl. Using a whisk, mix until the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour in the milk and vegetable oil and add in the eggs. Again, whisk the ingredients until a wet, sticky batter forms.
- Heat your oil to about 350 degrees F. If you don't have a thermometer, drop some flour in and if it sizzles, it's ready.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon and mix them well.
- Using a spoon or ice cream scooper, scoop up a couple of tablespoons of the mixture and drop it into the hot oil. Cook the fritters for about 2 to 3 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Place them into a bowl, sprinkle the sugar, cinnamon mixture over the top, and shake until they are completely covered.
- Serve and enjoy your apple fritters.
Share This Recipe