Apple Pie Muffins with Cinnamon Crumbs
These muffins are a simple, yet delicious, combination of 1/3 cup of vegetable oil, an egg, and milk.
The dry ingredients are one cup of flour, sugar, baking powder, and and a pinch of salt.
Mix everything together and place them in a muffin tray lined with muffin cups. Bake them and the outcome is incredible.
Give them a try and let us know what you think.
- ⅓ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup of milk
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 sweet apples cut into chunks
- For the Crumble:
- ½ cup of flour
- 4 tbsp of chopped cold butter
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, add in the oil, egg, and milk. Mix until well combined.
- In a different bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix until incorporated.
- Place the apples into the flour mixture and mix.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix once again. Leave some lumps. Do not over mixed.
- Line a muffin tray with some muffin cups and scoop in the mixture until about ¾ full.
- Combine the flour, butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Crumble together using your finger tips. Pick up a handful amount and place it over each muffin.
- Bake at 400 degrees F or 200 C for 22 to 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy your apple pie muffins with cinnamon crumbs.