Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Bacon wrapped asparagus is incredibly delicious. They make a great side dish with just about any meal. They can also be served up as an appetizer, as well. Give them a try today, and let us know what you think. The cooking tips to bacon wrapped asparagus are as follows: You can use just about any type of bacon for the wraps. I like a nice smoked hickory bacon, however. The fresher the asparagus, the better. That’s why this recipe is so nice at harvest time. I use the powdered Parmesan cheese in the container because it sticks to the asparagus nicely and it’s tasty and convenient. I spice it with pepper and garlic, but you can use the spices of your choice. You want to fry the wraps over medium heat as you want the bacon golden brown and the asparagus still crisp.
- 1 pack (6 – 8 slices) of bacon
- 1 bundle of asparagus (24 to 30 shoots)
- 2 tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 1/4 tsp of granulated garlic
- Servings: 3-4
- Time: 20 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
(5 / 5)
- Mix the Parmesan cheese, pepper, and garlic together in a bowl.
- Trim the ends of the asparagus. Put 3 or 4 shoots together making sure they are even at the trimmed ends. Sprinkle some water on the area of the asparagus where you are going to wrap the bacon. This is usually about a 6 inch section near the center of the shoot. Spoon some of the cheese mixture over while rotating the stalks. Starting at one end, wrap the bacon around the asparagus. Set it aside and repeat the process for the remaining asparagus.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add some olive oil in. Place the bacon wrapped asparagus in and fry them, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes. You want the bacon golden brown and the asparagus a little on the crunchy side. Remove them from the pan and set them aside on a plate. Repeat the process for the remaining wraps.
- Spread any remaining Parmesan over the fried stalks. Serve and enjoy your bacon wrapped asparagus.
Share This Recipe