No Bake Black Forest Cake – 4 Ingredients
No bake black forest cake is a snap to make. The hardest part is waiting for it to set in the fridge. When I have friends over for dinner, they simple love it. By all means, feel free to share the recipe. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
There are a few tips to making up this delightful no bake black forest cake. First, you should use unsalted soda crackers. Salted cracker will throw the taste way off. You could also use Graham crackers if you wish as they would add a welcomed flavour to the cake. The chocolate pudding can be made from scratch or you can buy the instant pudding mix. I prefer to make it from scratch as it’s so much nicer, and I can control what goes into it. This recipe calls for Cool Whip, but whipping cream or Reddi Whip can also be used.Video:
- 1 sleeve of unsalted crackers or graham crackers
- 540 ml can of cherry pie filling
- 113 grams of instant pudding mix or home made chocolate pudding
- 1 litre of cool whip or whipped cream
- Lay a bed of crackers into an 8 by 8 container.
- Spread half the chocolate pudding over the top followed by half the cool whip.
- Place a second layer of crackers over the cool whip followed by the remaining chocolate pudding and cool whip.
- Seal the container with cling wrap and place it in the fridge for 6 hours to set (overnight is preferred).
- Remove the cake from the fridge, slice, and spoon some cherry filling over the top of each slice.
- Serve and enjoy your no bake black forest cake.
Share This Recipe