Banana Cinnamon Muffins
Banana cinnamon muffins are, in my opinion, a delicious combination of great flavours. I am, however, a fan of both cinnamon and bananas. You can change the ratio of each if you wish, just make sure you add enough of each ingredient to balance the flavours out. These muffins are a filling, fairly dense, and a muffin which the entire family will enjoy. Serve them up with a cup of coffee, tea, or a glass of milk.
You could add a few other ingredients as well. In example, some chocolate chips, crushed pecans or walnuts would certainly not go amiss in this recipe. If you want the muffins a little more on the fluffy side, simply add a bit more baking powder. You do not want too much, however, as the muffins will be overpowered by the taste.
As always, give them a try and let us know what you think.Video:
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1⅔ cups of all purpose flour
- For the Topping:
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- ¼ cup of melted butter, separate bowl
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mash the bananas to the point where they begin to liquify and set them aside.
- In another bowl, add in the sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. Mix them until combined.
- Add in the bananas, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and flour. Using a spatula mix until well combined and there are no shades of flour.
- Line a baking tray with liners, scoop up some of the mixture and fill the liners about ¾ full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Once the muffins have cooled a little, remove them from the liners if you wish. Dip the tops in the melted butter and then into the sugar, cinnamon mixture.
- Serve and enjoy your banana cinnamon muffins.