Banana pancakes are incredibly simple and easy. They involve only 3 ingredients and can be made in a matter of minutes. This makes them a super, quick breakfast. The great thing is, there’s no flour in the recipe which makes the pancakes light and airy. I sometimes serve them up on weekends with sausages or bacon. Make sure to pour some delicious Canadian maple syrup over the top. As always, let us know how you like our banana pancakes.
We do have a few suggestion to making this recipe. First, you can add some extra spices to the dish if you wish. I often put a dash of cinnamon in the batter which makes the pancakes super delicious. Nutmeg or other spices can be used, as well.
Next, it’s pretty critical to cook the cakes over low heat. If the heat is too high, the outer portion will burn and the inner part will not cook. I’ve seen recipes that suggest using no cooking oil and just use a nonstick pan. I find this doesn’t work very well. We always use cooking spray or butter to coat the pan.
Ladling 2 or 3 tablespoons of the mixture into the pan makes a nice size pancake, but you can make them as large or as small as you like. Just remember to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Having said all this, these banana pancakes are simply delicious.Video:
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced thinly
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- In a mixing bowl, combine the bananas, eggs, and baking powder. Mash with a fork or potato masher until smooth.
- Heat a pan over low heat and spray some cooking spray in or add some butter to the pan.
- Ladle in 2 or 3 tbsp of the mixture and cook for a couple of minutes on each side until the pancake is golden brown. Repeat this for all of the batter.
- Pour some syrup over the top, serve, and enjoy your banana pancakes.
Share This Recipe