Basil Chicken Fried Rice
Basil chicken fried rice is an all in one meal that is simple and quick. The great thing is it only involves a few ingredients. I often make it up on a Friday night for dinner and have the leftovers for breakfast as it is great with eggs. It is a fantastic dish for any day of the week, however.
You can add extra ingredients too. In example, some ginger or onion powder would fit in well.
- oil for frying
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- ½ tsp of pepper flakes
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 1 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- pepper to taste
- handful of chopped basil
- Add the oil, garlic, pepper flakes to a pan over medium high heat and saute until the garlic is fragrant. This should take a couple of minutes.
- Put the chicken in and fry until brown and cooked through.
- Push the chicken to one side of the pan and add the egg to the other side.
- Cook the egg until it is set and fold the egg into the meat.
- Add the cooked rice, oyster sauce, soy sauce, pepper in and toss until well combined.
- Serve and enjoy your basil chicken fried rice.
Share This Recipe