Beef in Oyster Sauce
Beef in oyster sauce is originally a Chinese dish. It is one of many Filipino dishes that use stir-fried beef and a variety of vegetables. When making this recipe, a good cut of beef should be used. The meat should be cut into thin slices and allowed to tenderize. It is easy to prepare and can be served on many occasions. We have tried this recipe in restaurants, and we’ve cooked it personally. There is utterly no doubt that the home-cooked version is far superior. Put on your apron and cook it today.
- 1/2 kg sirloin beef, sliced thinly
- 1 green Bell pepper, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 stalk green onions, chopped
- 3- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- Servings: 2-3
- Time: 40 minutes
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: Chinese
(4 / 5)
- Marinate beef with soy sauce and corn starch for at least 30 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine oyster sauce, sugar, and cooking wine in a mixing bowl. Mix until well blended and set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in pan. Place in the beef and dash of pepper. Stir and fry until brown.
- Add bell pepper. Stir and fry for a few minutes.
- Pour in the oyster sauce mixture, stir until well combined.
- Place on a platter, and garnish with chopped green onions.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Share This Recipe