Beef Salad Thai Style
Beef salad Thai style is an exotic salad made with sliced beef, sweet chili sauce, and fresh vegetables. The dish did not originate in Thailand. It has a Thai touch to it due to dressing that is used. Actually, this is a sweet Thai chili sauce. The combination of vegetables and dressing is just about perfect for any main dish you wish to use. It is easy to prepare and perfect for any occasion.
- 1 lb beef any cut (sirloin recommended)
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 20 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 20 pcs mint leaves torn
- 1 large cucumber, cut in strips
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 5-6 stalks spring onions, cut in thin strips
- 1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 4 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil
- Servings: 4
- Time: 40 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Thai
(4.5 / 5)
- Prepare all the vegetables and set aside in a large mixing bowl. You can add more vegetables of your choice if you wish.
- In a separate bow, combine the Thai sweet chili sauce and lime juice. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper on both sides. Any cut of beef will do, however sirloin is recommended.
- Add cooking oil in a preheated pan. Sear the beef over medium high heat until it reaches desired doneness. We prefer 3-4 minutes, over medium heat, as this will cook the meat to medium rare but, it is entirely up to you.
- When the beef is cooked, allow it to rest on a platter for at least 5 minutes. Slice it thinly across the grain into bite size pieces. Add them into the bowl of vegetables.
- Pour the chili sauce over. Toss together until well combined.
- Serve it as is or with your favorite main dish. Enjoy!