Beef salpicao is a simple and delicious stir fried beef which has a strong garlic taste. This recipe originated in Portugal, and it is traditionally prepared in Spanish kitchens. Since the Philippines has been strongly influenced by the Spanish, this dish has become popular and has developed many different variations throughout generations. It is a relatively easy recipe and requires only a little bit of time. One important tip is: don’t overcook the beef as it will become rubbery and stiff. The process should be really quick, the longer it sits in the pan, the greater the possibility of it becoming tough. To avoid this, you can try to boil the meat first and do the steps below.
In this recipe, we have added some optional ingredients such as garlic powder and oyster sauce. Personally, we are garlic lovers as you can notice in many of our recipes. We add garlic to many of our beef and chicken dishes. You can also replace the oyster sauce with knorr liquid seasoning if you wish. Are you having difficulty deciding what to cook for dinner tonight? Beef Salpicao might be your perfect choice. I’m sure everybody will love it.
- 1 lb beef tenderloin cut into cubes
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 1tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder (optional)2
- tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil
- Servings: 3
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: Filipino, Spanish
(4 / 5)
- In a mixing bowl, season beef with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika powder. Toss until combined.
- Add cooking oil in a preheated pan. Pan fry beef over medium high heat until all sides are brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan, melt in butter. Add the chopped garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Put the beef back in the pan with the juices and stir over medium heat for a few seconds.
- Season with oyster sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and pepper. Stir for a few minutes until well incorporated. Turn off heat.
- Serve and enjoy.
Share This Recipe