Breakfast Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Our breakfast grilled cheese sandwich is packed with flavor. It is a complete breakfast between two pieces of bread. I often make it up on the weekends, and it’s a complete hit with family and friends. Don’t forget a nice cup of tea or coffee. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
There are a few tips to making this delicious breakfast grilled cheese sandwich. First, I use Italian sausages simply because I love them, but sausages such as honey garlic or German can be used as well. Feel free to use the sausage of your choice. It’s important, however, to remove the casings as they fry better, and it’s far easier to build the sandwich.
I only put salt and pepper in the eggs but other spices can be used too. For example, I sometimes add a bit of garlic to my scrambled eggs which is a nice touch. Feel free to use the spices of your choice. Milk is often added to scrambled eggs to make them fluffy. I don’t add it in this recipe, as I find the eggs flop all over when I’m trying to build the sandwich.
I use old cheddar cheese, but you can use the cheese of your choice. It’s also nice to use a combination of cheeses – one type of cheese on the bottom and another on the top. Tex Mex cheese adds a nice touch too.
Lastly, I always use brown bread, but feel free to use the bread of your choice.Video:
- 2 Italian sausages or the sausage of your choice with casings removed
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of softened butter
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- oil for frying
- 4 slices of bread
- Add some oil to a pan. Crumble the sausage in and fry it, over medium high heat, until it's cooked. This should take about 4 minutes. Set it aside on a plate.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Salt, pepper, and slightly beat them. Add them into the same pan, stir and scramble them. Set them aside on a plate
- On a plate, butter one side of the bread and flip it over. Put cheese, sausage, egg, and another layer of cheese on. Place the top piece of bread on and butter the top. Repeat this process for the other sandwich.
- Add some oil to a pan and place the two sandwiches in. Fry them over medium heat until they are golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Serve and enjoy your breakfast grilled cheese sandwich.
Share This Recipe