Burger kebabs provide a simply delicious meal combined with delightful taste of the Mediterranean. These tasty treats are often referred to as kebabs in the Middle East where they originated . They’re so nice served up on the BBQ in the summer, but they are also great served up anytime of the year. Believe me, they will be raved about by young and old alike. I often make them up on weekends as a treat. Give our burger kabobs a try, and let us know what you think.
As with all our recipes, there are a few variations and suggestions to our burger kabobs. To begin with, you can alter the spices according to your liking. For example, if you’re a big Cumin lover, you can add more; alternatively, you can add less if you find them a bit too spicy or overpowering. The same applies to the amount of garlic and other spices added. Different spices, such as the famous 7 Arabic spices, can be added to the dish.
I always use lean ground beef as it’s a healthier, but any kind of ground beef can be used in this recipe.
We have an indoor grill which we often use, but you can do them in the oven or in a frying pan. If you use a frying pan, it’s always best to leave the kabobs sit on a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb some of the grease. This will also make them a little healthier.
These tasty burger kabobs are great served up with some diced cucumber and tomatoes on the side and, of course, some pita bread which brings the true richness of the Mediterranean. Greek yogurt will never go amiss, as well.Video:
- ½ kg (1 lb) of lean ground beef
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 egg
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- chopped fresh cilantro for garnishing
- In a mixing bowl, combine the lean ground beef, salt, pepper, cumin, egg, garlic, cayenne, cilantro, and lemon juice.
- Using wooden Spoon your hands, mix until everything is well combined.
- Pick up ¼ of the mixture and roll it into a log shape. Repeat this process for the remaining mixture.
- On a grill, in the oven, or in a frying pan, fry the kabobs for about five minutes or until nicely done.
- After the burger kabobs are done, insert skewer into the center.
- Garnish them with some fresh cilantro. Serve them up with some diced tomatoes, cucumber, and pita bread.
- Enjoy your burger kebabs.