Cheese sticks are a tasty snack or dessert. Our Filipino version of cheese sticks is easily to prepare simply by combining cheese and a lumpia wrapper. They are often served at fiestas and on street carts in the Philippines. If you want a fancy cheese stick, you may consider adding mozzarella cheese and sliced ham as an additional filling. Try this today. They are easy to make and incredibly delicious!
- 1/2 bar cheddar cheese sliced in strips
- ham cut in strips (optional)
- Mayonnaise for dipping sauce
- water to seal the wrapper
- Lumpia or spring roll wrappers
- cooking oil
- Servings: 5
- Time: 40 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
(4 / 5)
- Slice cheese and ham into strips. Set aside.Place cheese stick and sliced ham into the center of lumpia wrapper. Fold, seal edges by adding water, and roll. Repeat procedure for the rest of the cheese.
- Heat cooking oil in a deep pot. Fry cheese sticks for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown; remove excess oil and set aside.
- Serve with mayonnaise dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe