Cheesy Stuffed Mushooms
Cheesy stuffed mushrooms are so simple to make, and they make a great appetizer. I always make them up for parties, and they are an instant hit. Give them a try, and let us know what you think.
There are a few tips to making these tasty treats. First, try and buy your mushrooms as fresh as possible. If they aren’t fresh, they’ll wilt in the oven. For maximum taste and texture, try and use a decent size mushroom. They are available in most supermarkets. I use Monterey Jack and old, sharp cheddar cheeses simply because I like the taste, but you can use whatever cheeses you wish. Fine breadcrumbs work the best with this recipe as Panko crumbs tend to be a little too big.Video:
- 6 medium size button mushrooms
- ⅓ cup of Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- ⅓ cup of old, sharp cheddar, grated
- 2 tbsp of melted butter
- 2 tbsp of bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp of chopped chives for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Clean and remove the stems from the mushrooms and place them on a baking tray. Add in the Monterey Jack followed by the cheddar cheese. Press the cheeses down slightly to get a little more in. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the top and drizzle the butter on. Add any left over cheese over the butter.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the cheeses are melted and the mushrooms are slightly brown.
- Serve and enjoy your cheesy stuffed mushrooms.
Share This Recipe