Chicken a la King Make Easy
Chicken a la king is creamy, rich, and delicious dish. It is the ultimate comfort food and is great served up on cool rainy days. The entire family will find it delightful. The great thing is, you can serve it up over pasta, rice, or bread. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
You can use any kind of chicken you like. I like boneless, skinless breasts because they are handy and much healthier. Left over chicken is a good choice too. The vegetables are a matter of preference. We use fresh carrots and frozen peas, but frozen carrots and peas will suffice too. Bell pepper can also be used.
Heavy cream is my choice but half and half or table cream can be used in the recipe, as well.Video:
- 4 cups of cooked diced chicken - 3 boneless skinless breasts
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 8 oz or 230 grams of sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 tbsp of all purpose flour
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 1 cup of diced carrots
- ½ cup of frozen peas
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted down, add in the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes until soft.
- Place the garlic and onions in, stir, and saute until fragrant.
- Put the flour in and cook until a roux forms and the flour is cooked through. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Pour the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- After a boil, add in the carrots and peas. Stir and allow it to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour the cream in followed by the chicken. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for a few minutes until the chicken is heated through.
- Serve and enjoy your chicken a la king.
Share This Recipe