Chicken Alfredo Casserole
Chicken Alfredo casserole is easy and delicious comfort food. It is cheesy and the alfredo sauce is made from scratch. You can use left over chicken or rotisserie chicken for this recipe. You can also add broccoli and use the cheeses of your choice. This is also perfect paired with garlic bread. We used heavy cream but you can substitute milk or half and half if you are diet conscious. If you do, decrease the amount of milk to 1 and 1/2 cups. This is perfect potluck and good for any occasions.Video:
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups heavy cream or 1½ cups milk
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- parsley for garnishing
- Cook penne pasta according to package instructions. Set aside.
- In a pan, melt butter and add olive oil. Saute onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Pour in heavy cream, stir and bring to a boil
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir until thickens. Turn off heat.
- Toss in cooked chicken and cooked pasta. Salt & pepper to taste.
Share This Recipe