Chicken and Broccoli Lo Mein
Chicken and broccoli lo mein is another one of our 30 minute recipes or dinner in half an hour. Due to this, it makes a fantastic midweek meal. I always add this to my busy weekly menu. As usual, most of the ingredients you will have in your pantry and fridge.
There are a few changes you can make. First off, the recipe uses boneless, skinless breasts due to the fact the are quick and healthy. You can, however, use any cut of chicken you wish Just keep in mind that if you use bone in cuts of chicken, you will have to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
This recipe uses a simple combination of garlic and ginger as spices. Some onion and other spices can be used, as well. In example, if you want to add some heat, feel free to use some hot chilli flakes.
Give the recipe a try and, as always, let us know what you think.Video:
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 flourette of broccoli
- 2 bundles of egg noodles
- 1 thumb size ginger, chopped
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 1 tbps of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of corn starch diluted in 2 tbsp of water
- sesame oil
- pepper to taste
- Cook the noodles according to packing instructions and set aside.
- Saute the garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add the chicken in and season with pepper and cook until no longer pink.
- Pour in the chicken stock, brown sugar, and soy sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add in the broccoli and simmer until fork tender.
- Put the corn starch in and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Add the noodles and toss and put in the sesame oil.