As with many Filipino recipes, chicken curry is not a traditional dish but one adapted from Indian cuisine. It is straightforward to make, yet pleasant and spicy. It is sometimes served at fiestas and other social events. With the use of curry powder, you can quickly and easily make chicken curry. In this recipe, we have made the curry from scratch by combining many different traditional spices. When making it like this, you will get that Indian experience where the aroma of curry floods the kitchen. Personally, I utterly love it!
- 1/2 kilo chicken cut in serving pieces
- 1 can ( 1 1/2 cup) coconut milk or plain yogurt
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 thumb size ginger chopped
- 1 small tomatoes chopped (optional)
- 1 small carrot cut into cubes (optional)
- 1 medium potato cut into cubes
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. crushed pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Servings: 2
- Time: 40 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Indian, Filipino
(5 / 5)
- Heat cooking oil in pan. Saute onion, garlic, and ginger until soft and fragrant. Add in tomatoes and saute together for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, crushed pepper, turmeric, coriander, salt and pepper. Stir for a few minutes until well combined.
- Place in chicken and stir until well incorporated and coated well with the spices.
- Pour in coconut milk . Stir, cover and simmer over medium low heat until chicken is tender approximately 20 – 30 minutes.
- When chicken is tender, add in potato and carrots. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Turn off heat.
Share This Recipe