Chicken fajitas are simple to make and super delicious. They are easy to make and, depending what you put on them, relatively healthy. I make them up about once a month and everybody loves fajita night. Give them a try and, as always, let us know what you think.
There are a few variations and suggestions to making this superb chicken fajita recipe. First, I find boneless, skinless chicken breasts are the easiest cut of meat to use, but you can use whatever cut you like. If they are sliced fairly thinly, they cook much nicer. We find the amount of suggested spices is just about perfect, but you can alter them as you see fit. You can even add extra spices if you wish, as well. It’s not completely necessary to use three different types of bell peppers, but I find it adds a nice variation of colors and taste. I use the plain flour tortillas, but you can use whole wheat or whatever you wish.Video:
- 2 boneless chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 4 flour tortillas
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- ½ tsp of cumin
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper sliced into strips
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Preheat your pan to medium high heat and add the chicken in followed by the salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, and garlic. Stir and fry for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Set it aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan, add in the onions and bell peppers. Toss and fry, for about 5 minutes, until they are tender crisp. Set them aside.
- Heat your flour tortillas in a pan, grill, or microwave for a minute or two.
- Place a layer of the veggies into the center of the tortilla followed by some chicken.
- Top with your favorite condiments such as sour cream, salsa, etc.
- Fold, serve, and enjoy your chicken tortillas.
Share This Recipe