Chicken Fried Rice
Chicken fried rice is one of my favorite takeout of all time. But this time, I made a homemade version of this dish. It is easier, simpler and taste better than the store bought one. You can use the veggies of your choice such as carrot, broccoli, bean sprouts, and use like what I’ve used in this recipe – mixed frozen veggies! Long grain rice or jasmine rice will do. Actually any type of rice is fine for this recipe. I always used one day old cooked rice nut freshly steamed rice is also good. You can also adjust the seasoning depending how salty you want it. Its perfect without any main dish because it has chicken already. Or, use pork or shrimp instead. Pop this up in your fridge and reheat it anytime you are ready.Video:
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 1 cup mixed veggies
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, chopped
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- few drops of sesame oil (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add butter into preheated wok or pan. Saute onion, garlic and ginger for a couple of minutes just until fragrant.
- Place in chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and saute for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked and brown.
- Add in 1 cup mixed/frozen veggies. Stir and fry for 2 minutes. Push veggies on one side of the pan.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and pour it on one side of the pan. Scramble it until set for about 4-5 minutes.
- Now put the cooked rice and green onions. Season with soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil. Mix until rice is heated through. Serve and enjoy.