Chicken Jalapeno Popper Casserole
Chicken jalapeno popper casserole is a simple and delicious recipe. The tenderness of the chicken combined with the cream cheese and the heat from the jalapenos makes it incredible. The recipe can be made in about 40 minutes which makes it another great midweek meal.
Any cut of chicken can be used, but I like boneless skinless as it is so easy to work with and healthy. If you are going to use another cut, be sure to adjust the cooking time. As always, bone in chicken has to cook longer.
The recipes uses two jalapenos but more or less can be used depending on the amount of heat desired. I like a lot of heat, but it depends on your taste.
I use a limited number of spices such as onion, salt, and pepper. You can use the spices of your choice, however. For example, some garlic might go nicely in the recipe.
The dish is topped with old cheddar cheese and a final layer of jalapenos, but you can use the cheese and topping of your choice. The additional peppers are optional, but they add a nice appearance and heat to the dish.Video:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts boiled and shredded
- 2 jalapenos, sliced and deseeded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 250 grams of cream cheese at room temperature
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of old cheddar cheese or the cheese of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F or 177 C.
- Boil chicken for 20 minutes or until cooked. Chopped or shred.
- Combine chicken, jalapenos, green onions, cream cheese, salt, and pepper to a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer into the casserole dish of your choice.
- Spread the cheese over the top followed by a few more jalapenos if desired.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your chicken jalapeno popper casserole.
Share This Recipe