Chicken Soup in 20 Minutes
Chicken congee or chicken soup is so easy to make and is, as stated, the ultimate comfort food especially on a cold day. It is Chinese in and is claimed to nourish the stomach and spleen, improve bowel regularity, warm the body, and boost metabolism. It is also delicious. Your family and friends will love it too. Believe me, they will beg for the recipe.
- 1 cup of rice
- 6 cups of water
- ½ tbsp of salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of minced ginger
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 hard boiled egg cut in half
- 1 green onion, chopped
- sesame oil
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- Add the rice, water, salt, pepper, ginger, chicken to a pot. Cover the pot and bring to a boil.
- After a boil, lower the heat and allow it to simmer for about 25 minutes partially covered.
- Remove the chicken, using 2 forks, shred it and add the chicken back in.
- Place into a bowl, garnish with the hard boiled egg, green onions, sesame oil, and soy sauce.
- Serve and enjoy your chicken soup or chicken congee.