Chicken Teriyaki Casserole
Chicken teriyaki casserole is one of our all time favourite dinner recipes. I love the dish because it’s so simple and easy. We often make it up the night before, seal it with cling wrap, and keep it in the fridge overnight. The next evening, slip it in the oven for a few minutes, and you have a delicious dinner for the entire family. It doesn’t get much easier than that.
Before making our chicken teriyaki casserole, let’s talk about a few tips and suggestions: First, I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts because they are so healthy and easy to work with. Feel free to use any cut of chicken you like, however. Left over chicken also works superbly in the recipe. I use frozen mixed veggies, but if you have fresh vegetables on hand, go ahead and use them. If you feel some extra flavours are needed, feel free to add some garlic or whatever you like. The sesame seeds are really nice over the top but not completely necessary. Drop us a line and let us know what your think of our chicken teriyaki casserole.Video:
- 6 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tbsp of corn starch
- 4 cups of cooked rice
- 1 cup of mixed veggies
- 2 - 3 chicken breasts, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F or 177 C.
- Put the cooked rice in a mixing bowl.
- In a another small bowl, combine the water, soy sauce, sugar, and corn starch. Season it with pepper. Mix until it's well combined, and set it aside.
- Add some oil to a preheated pan. Place the chicken in and fry it, over medium high heat, until it's cooked through. This should take about 4 or 5 minutes.
- Put the cooked chicken in with the rice followed by the mixed veggies and half the teriyaki sauce.
- Transfer the contents to a casserole dish and drizzle the other half of the sauce over the top.
- Place it in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top, sever, and enjoy your chicken teriyaki casserole.
Share This Recipe