Chili-ghetti in 30 Minutes
Chili-ghetti is a delicious yet ever so simple recipe. I always make this up on cool, rainy days or cold winter’s nights. It is also great when you have guests over for an informal gathering or to watch the game and run out of chilli.
It’s fast, easy, and can be made quickly in a pinch. Imagine serving this on game night and the response you will receive. Believe me, even the kids will love it too. It is great served up with our homemade dinner rolls as well. Don’t forget a salad and cold beer just to top things off.
As always, you can alter a few things in the recipe to suit your personal style. In example, you can add more onions and garlic if you are so inclined. If you are a mushroom lover, then go to town. The same applies to the mushrooms, etc. There would also be nothing wrong with using Italian spiced tomatoes or Italian seasoning.
I must mention that it’s a great leftover and fantastic for lunch. A hint is to freeze some for a later date.
Make this up today, drop us a line, and let us know what you think.Watch the Video:
- 10 oz of spaghetti - enough for 2 or 3 people
- 1 tbsp of olive oil for cooking
- 1 lb or ½ kilo of lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 16 oz or 454 g of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 27 oz or 790 ml of diced undrained tomatoes
- ⅓ cup of chilli seasoning or 1 pouch
- 1½ cups of button mushrooms - about 10 or 12, sliced
- ⅓ cup of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp of mozzarella
- 3 tbsp of parmesan
- Boil the pasta according to package instructions - 9 or 10 minutes until al dente. Drain and set it aside.
- Add the oil and ground beef to a pan and fry until browned and cooked through.
- Add in the onion and garlic. Stir and fry until the onions become translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Put in the kidney beans, tomatoes, chilli seasoning, mushrooms, water, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for about 10 or 15 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti in and toss until well coated and combined.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan over the top.
- Plate, sprinkle a bit more parmesan over, serve, and enjoy your chili-ghetti.