Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies date back as far as the 1930s. They first became popular in the United States then quickly spread to other parts of the world. I don’t think there is anybody who doesn’t enjoy a good chocolate chip cookie. Personally, they’re one of my favorites. I enjoy them with a nice cup of tea, coffee, or a cold glass of milk.
Baking the cookies is easy, fast, and enjoyable. We do, however, have a few simple baking tips. First, depending on your oven, make sure you bake these cookies for about 13 minutes at 375°F (190°C) or until they’re a nice golden brown. If you want a slightly crunchier cookie, bake them for a minute or two longer. On the other hand, if you want a softer cookie, reduce the baking time by about a minute. Next, if at all possible, refrigerate your cookie dough for about half an hour before using it. You can use it immediately it will just be a little more difficult work with. Using chilled cookie dough will also give you a thicker, less flat cookie. Lastly, you can also achieve a sweeter cookie by using sweet chocolate chips, as opposed to using semisweet chocolate chips. This recipe will make 18 to 20 medium size cookies.
Whatever the occasion, chocolate chip cookies, will be an instant hit. Your friends and family will love them.
- 1 cup sweet or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick of butter
- Servings: 5
- Time: 50 minutes
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: American
(5 / 5)
- Combine the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer or a fork, mix until well combined. The mixture should be fluffy and granular.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined. At this point, the mixture should be smooth and creamy.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix until well combined.
- Combine the flour mixture with the butter mixture. Mix until well incorporated. Add in the chocolate chips and gently mix until they are nicely combined.
- If possible, allow the mixture to sit in the fridge for about half an hour. You can use it right away, but it will be somewhat difficult to work with.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a spoon, scoop two spoonfuls of the mixture onto a baking sheet. Leave about 2 inches between the cookies.
- Place in a preheated 375° oven for 12 to 13 minutes or until the cookies are nicely browned.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. Allow them to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Place them on a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Serve and enjoy your chocolate chip cookies.
Share This Recipe