Drinks and Shakes
Chocolate Coffee Float
A chocolate coffee float is so refreshing at any time of the year. I especially enjoy them in the summer time when it’s really hot. They are a great treat when friends drop over. Make it up and let us know what you think.
There are a few tips to making this super delicious chocolate coffee float. First, you can make your coffee as strong or weak as you wish. I like mine fairly strong, so I add about 1 tbsp of coffee per cup of water. You could also use French vanilla coffee, cappuccino, or whatever you wish. It is best left in the freezer overnight to make sure the cubes are completely frozen. This recipe uses milk as it contains less fat, but half and half or table cream could be used as well. I find 2 tbsp of sugar is about perfect, but you can add as much or as little as you wish. You could also slip in a shot of Bailey’s if you car to do so. To top it off, any type of whipped cream can be used.Video:
- 2 cups of coffee frozen in an ice cube tray
- 6 tbsp of milk
- 3 tbsp of white granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp of chocolate syrup
- whipped cream for topping
- Add the ice cubed coffee, chocolate syrup, milk, and sugar to a blender. Pulse or blend for 2 to 3 minutes until a slushy mixture forms.
- Pour it into a glass about ¾ full. Place the whipped cream over it and drizzle more chocolate syrup over the cream.
- Serve and enjoy your chocolate coffee float.