Chocolate muffins are fast, easy and fun to make. Made with simple ingredients such as, cocoa powder, flour and chocolate chips, they are rich and delicious. These are the most popular of all muffin recipes. The cooking procedure can range from simple to elegant. For additional sweetness and flavor, you can add vanilla or chocolate frosting to the top of the muffins. Another consideration is to sprinkle caster sugar over the top. They equally delicious even without any frosting, however.
To make this muffins, there is no need for any special equipment such as an electric mixer. A simple spatula or spoon will suffice. If you don’t have muffin cups, a muffin tray will do. Just spread oil or butter around the edges. An important reminder is not to fill the muffin cups all the way to the top with the batter as they will expand and make the mess of your oven. We hope you enjoy this recipe.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 raw egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Servings: 5
- Time: 50 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
(5 / 5)
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together. Mix using spatula until well combined but do not over mixed the batter.
- Place the paper muffin cups into the muffin tray. Using an ice cream scoop or a table spoon, fill the muffin cups 3 quarters of the way full with the batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190 degrees C for about 20 minutes or until the muffin are dark and springy.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Serve and enjoy!
Share This Recipe