No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Peanut butter balls are smooth, creamy, and simply delicious. I make them up for a snack, and family and friends love them. As a matter of fact, they often beg for the recipe. The balls make a great lunchbox treat or dessert. Give them a try and let us know what you think.
You can use any type of peanut butter you like, but I find smooth, creamy works great as we add walnuts to the dish. If you use crunchy peanut butter, you might consider eliminating the nuts on top.
I am a fan of walnuts, but peanuts or other nuts can be used. Just adjust it according to your taste. Some people have nut allergies, so you might want to leave them out.
The vanilla extract is totally optional, but I find it adds an extra kick.. Just be sure to use a decent brand.Video:
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- few drops of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of Rice Krispies or oats
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- ½ cup of walnuts of peanuts
- In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, sugar, Rice Krispies, vanilla extract, and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Allow to chill in the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Take an ice cream scoop or spoon and scoop up a good amount. Roll into a ball.
- Place back in the fridge while melting down the chocolate.
- You can melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave.
- Dip the balls in the chocolate until they are completely covered, and set them aside on a baking tray lined with some parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the nuts over the top.
- Set in the fridge for about an hour.
- Serve and enjoy your chocolate peanut butter balls.