Coconut macaroons are a type of cookie which are light, airy, chewy, and delightful. They are fun and easy to make. All you need is some very basic ingredients such as coconut flakes and milk. There are several variations to making these cookies. Some people don’t use egg whites, which is fine. Others add additional ingredients such as chocolate. If you are going to add additional ingredients, you should consider them carefully, however, as they may overpower the taste of the coconut and defeat your purpose. Keep the general rule of thumb in mind: experiment, taste, adjust, and serve.
If you are looking for fluffy, chewy, and moist macaroons, this recipe is perfect for you. These cookies is great for any age and makes an absolutely perfect dessert or snack for the entire family.
- 1 pack (14 oz) sweetened coconut flakes
- 300 ml condensed milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour, sifted
- 2 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- Servings: 4
- Time: 45 minutes
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: American
(5 / 5)
- In a mixing bowl, combine coconut flakes, salt, condensed milk and sifted all purpose flour. Mix until combined.
- In separate bowl, beat the egg whites using an electric mixer until fluffy . You can also your hands, but it takes time. Put the half of the mixture in to the coconut mixture and mix it. Put the remaining half and mix until combined.
- Using a small ice scoop or tablespoon, drop a tablespoonful of mixture about 2 inches apart onto a greased baking pan . You can also put baking sheet on the baking pan if you wish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees F for at least 25 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool down. Serve and enjoy!
Share This Recipe