Coffee Jelly is an easy, simple, and delicious dessert. It is made with gelatin which is combined with cream and milk and has a unique coffee flavor. The ingredients are easy to find, and it can be prepared with no hassle. The degree of coffee flavor depends how strong you want it. For us, 3 Tbsp is enough, but you can add extra coffee if you wish. Make sure you add it 1 Tbsp at a time. Just be careful not to overpower it with too much coffee because it will become bitter. You can reduce the amount of sugar in the jello mixture, as well.
When making the jello mix, think in terms of making a cup of coffee. You can taste it while stirring. If you’re not satisfied with the gelatin mixture, you can adjust it by adding more coffee or sugar. For better results, refer to the back of the sachet for the instructions. The size of the gelatin cubes is entirely up to you. We recommend small cubes just like the jello you usually see in a cafe. I love this dessert especially when chilled. The coffee aroma and flavor, combined with the sweetness, is really fantastic. If you’re a coffee lover like me, this is perfect for you.
- 14 oz. condense milk
- 1 cup all purpose cream
- 1 sachet (24 g) unflavored gelatin + 5 cups water
- 3 tbsp instant coffee powder (to taste)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- chopped almonds for garnishing
- lemon zest for garnishing
- Servings: 5-6
- Time: 2 hours
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American, Asian
(5 / 5)
- Add the water, unflavored gelatin powder, instant coffee, and sugar into a large saucepan. Stir it well and bring it to a boil. Refer to the gelatin package for cooking instructions.Transfer the mixture into a rectangle container. Allow it to cool in the fridge until set. This will usually take a couple of hours.
- When set, cut it into small cubes and transfer it into a mixing bowl. Pour in the condensed milk and all purpose cream. Stir gently until everything is well combined. Chill or serve right away.
- For presentation purposes, place it into a preferred glass, and top it with chopped almonds and lemon zest. Enjoy your coffee jelly.
Share This Recipe