Corned Beef Hash (Filipino Style)
Corned beef hash ( Filipino Sauteed Corned Beef or ginisang corned beef) is a combination of onions, corned beef, and potatoes. It is fast and easy to prepare, and commonly served for breakfast. In the Philippines, a can of corned beef is a terrific substitute for the traditional sliced corned beef. You can buy it anywhere in the country. Many different brands are available. This dish is a perfect combination with fried rice and eggs. Sometimes, it is even used as a sandwich spread.
- 1 can of corned beef (190 g)
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup water (optional)
- cooking oil
- Servings: 2
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino, American
(5 / 5)
- Wash and peel potato. Dice into small pieces and set aside in a bowl of water.
- Add cooking oil in a preheated pan and place in potatoes. Stir and fry over medium heat until light brown.
- Add onion and garlic. Saute until soft and fragrant.
- Put in corned beef and season with pepper. Stir together for a few minutes.
- Pour in a small amount of water. Stir for 1 minute.( You can skip this step if you want dry corned beef hash) Turn off heat.
- Serve with fried rice and fried egg.
Share This Recipe