Cream Cheese and Tuna Wontons
This recipe is a combination of cream cheese, tuna, and spices. The outcome is incredible and delicious. They make a delicious snack for social gatherings, parties, or any event. Give them a try and let us know how you like them.
There are a few alterations to the recipe. To begin with, we attempted to keep the dish as easy as possible. You can, however, add some additional spices if you wish. A few hot pepper flakes, for some heat, would certainly not be out of order.
I use tuna in water, but you can use the tuna of your choice. If you are a fan of tuna in oil, but all means do so. Just make sure it is drained.
You can also use the cream cheese of your choice. We use Philadelphia cream cheese, but any brand will do.
Sometimes wonton wrapper can be hard to fine. Most major grocery stores carry them, if not, you can find them in just about any Asian store.Video:
- 250 grams of cream cheese at room temperature
- 170 gram can of tuna, drained
- 1 medium jalapeno, sliced
- 1 chopped green onion
- 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp of sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg and 1 tbsp of milk
- 15 wonton wrappers
- oil for frying
- Add the cream cheese, tuna, jalapeno, green onion, Worcestershire sauce, sesame oil a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Mix the egg and milk in a small bowl.
- Fold about 1 tbsp of the mixture into the centre of a wonton wrapper. Fold the edges into a triangle and then fold the edges into the centre again.
- Add about ½ an inch of oil into a pan and heat it to 350 F or 177 C.
- Fry them, in batches, for about 1 minute on each side.
- Serve and enjoy you cream cheese and tuna wontons.
Share This Recipe