Dinner in 30 Minutes
Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops in Twenty Minutes
Cream of mushroom pork chops is a simple and easy recipe. As stated in the title, the entire recipe can be done in about 20 minutes which makes it a great midweek recipe. Your entire family will love it, and it will be a hit with your dinner guests. Believe me, they will ask for the recipe. It is one of my all time favourites.
The recipe involves pork chops seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Other spices can be added, such as onion powder, if you like. They are fried until nicely brown for 6 to 8 minutes then set aside to rest. After that, some cream of mushroom soup and chicken stock are added to the pan and brought to a boil. The pork chops are placed back in and the dish is allowed to simmer for five minutes.
When plated and garnished with fresh parsley, the dish is simply out of the world. They can be served up with rice or mashed potatoes. The gravy is superb over any side dish.
Try them, and let us know what you think of our cream of mushroom pork chops.Video:
- 2 pork chops bone in or bone out
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 can (300 ml) of cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup of chicken stock
- 2 tbsp of chopped parsley for garnish
- 1 tbsp of butter and oil for frying
- Season the pork chops with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides.
- Add the butter to a pan, let it melt down, and place some oil in to stop the butter from burning.
- Put the chops in and fry them for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, over medium hight heat, until they are nicely browned.
- Remove the pork chops from the pan and set them aside on a plate to rest.
- In the same pan, add in the cream of mushroom soup and the chicken stock. Stir it, over medium heat, until well combined and creamy.
- Place the chops back in and simmer for about five minutes. After 2½ minutes, flip them. Spoon some sauce over them as they simmer.
- Plate them, spoon more sauce over the top, and garnish with the parsley.
- Enjoy your cream of mushroom pork chops.
Share This Recipe