Cream of Salmon
Cream of salmon is a simple and delightful recipe. This came from my mother. She used to make this when I was a kid, and it was one of my favorites. I enjoy it served up over toast. It is great for lunch or dinner.
Some tips on making this recipe are as follows: First, you can use just about any type of salmon in this recipe. The easiest is pink canned salmon. You can pick this up in just about any supermarket. If you are really adventurous, you could use fresh salmon fried and shredded. I use heavy cream as it makes the dish richer and gives it more body. If you are dieting or more health conscious, you could use half and half. Frozen or canned peas work just fine. If the peas are a little on the hard side, add them in when you add the cream. Lastly, as always, season the cream of salmon according to your taste.
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 3/4 cup of frozen or canned peas
- 14 oz can of pink salmon
- Servings: 4
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
(4.5 / 5)
- Add the butter into a pan. Melt it over medium heat. Add in the onion and garlic. Saute them until they are fragrant and the onion is slightly translucent.
- Add in the heavy cream. Stir and bring it to a boil. Season it with and salt and pepper.
- Add in the salmon. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer it for about 10 minutes. Add in the peas,cover, and simmer it for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve your cream of salmon up over toast.
Share This Recipe