Creamy Chicken Pastel
Creamy chicken pastel is rich and delicious. It’s originally a casserole dish made in a pie crust. This dish is very similar to the filling in a chicken pot pie and chicken ala king and can be thrown together in a short period of time. It also resembles a chicken ala king. If you want the original recipe with the crust, you can follow this link for chicken pastel.
You can use canned button mushrooms instead of fresh mushrooms. The vegetables are optional. In this recipe, we use young corn which adds a nice touch but is not completely necessary. You can use red or green bell pepper, or a combination of both for that matter. You can also add green peas. In this recipe, we use all purpose cream to make it creamy and thick, but grated cheese can also be used as a substitute, as well. Don’t forget, you can also adjust the seasoning according to your liking.
- 3 medium boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 305 grams (10 3/4 oz can) of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup of water
- 250 ml of all purpose cream
- 230 grams of Vienna sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 large red or green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup of peas (optional)
- 5 button mushrooms, chopped
- young corn (optional)
- 1 small carrot, cubed
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 3-4 tbsp of butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Servings: 5
- Time: 50 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino, Spanish
(4 / 5)
- Melt the butter in a preheated pan. Add in the onions and garlic and saute until they are fragrant. Add the chicken in and saute it until it’s light brown.
- Add the button mushrooms, bell peppers, carrots, young corn, and the potatoes. Season it with salt and pepper. Stir and fry until everything is well combined.
- Pour in the cream of mushroom soup and chicken stock. Bring it to a boil. Cover it allow it to simmer over low heat about 5 minutes.
- When the potatoes and carrots are tender, pour in the all purpose cream and add the Vienna sausage. Allow it to simmer for an additional 3 minutes.
- Serve your creamy chicken pastel over rice, pasta, or bread.
Share This Recipe