Creamy Coconut Chicken
Creamy coconut chicken is rich, savory, and delicious. The dish could be considered Asian due to many of the ingredients. The entire dish can be made up in about 30 to 35 minutes which makes it the perfect midweek meal. Actually, you can have a look at our 30 minute dinner playlist on Youtube and get many of the recipes to add to your cycle. Believe me, your family and friends will love these recipes.
There are several ways you can alter this creamy coconut chicken recipe. First, you don’t have to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but I find they pair really nicely with the dish. Alternatively, you can use bone-in chicken, but you’ll have to adjust the cooking time accordingly. Just keep in mind that the cut of meat really makes or breaks the recipe.
You can add as much onion, garlic, paprika, and chili flakes as you like. You can even add extra spices if you wish. Sage or thyme always goes nicely with chicken. Just make sure you don’t overpower it with spices.
You can get coconut milk in just about any grocery store or Asian store. It really doesn’t have to be used and can be replaced with table cream. In terms of taste and texture, however, the coconut milk really gives the dish that savory flare. Try and use a good quality coconut milk, as well.
The amount of tomatoes used is really a matter of personal preference. Just remember that they will give off liquid, and too many might make the dish on the watery side. Use a fairly juicy, tasty tomato too if you can.Video:
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- ½ chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp of chili flakes
- 1 tbsp of paprika
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1½ cups of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp of fresh cilantro for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add some oil to a preheated pan. Put in the onion, garlic, chili flakes, and paprika. Stir and fry, over medium high heat, for a minute or two until the spices activate and become fragrant.
- Add in the chicken and salt and pepper to taste. Stir and fry for about 3 or 4 minutes until there are no pink areas left in the chicken.
- Put the tomato in and stir for another minute or so.
- Pour the coconut milk in and bring it to a boil.
- After a boil, reduce the heat to medium and allow it to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve over a bowl of steamed rice, garnish with the cilantro, and enjoy your creamy coconut chicken.
Share This Recipe