Dinner in 30 Minutes
Creamy Tomato Pesto Chicken
Creamy tomato pesto chicken is a superb combination of heavy cream, sun dried tomato pesto, garlic, and boneless skinless chicken breasts served up over a wonderful bed of pasta. The great thing is the dish can be made up in half an hour which makes it another awesome midweek meal for a busy person.
There are some alterations you can make to the recipe, however. First off, we season the breasts with a simple combination of salt and pepper. You can us whatever seasoning you like. In example, some onion powder, cayenne pepper would never amiss.
Boneless, skinless chicken is used in this recipe, but any cut of chicken works equally as well. The cooking time will just have to be adjusted accordingly.
I use three cloves of garlic, but you can add as much or as little as you like. Some chopped onions can be add too.
Heavy cream is used in the dish which has a fat content of about 33 percent. If you are diet conscious, half and half, or table cream can be use.
Give the recipe a try, drop us a line, and let us know what you think.Video:
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1½ cups of heavy cream
- 2 tbsp of sun dried tomato pesto
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of freshly chopped parsley.
- Season the chicken breast will salt and pepper on each side.
- Add some oil to a preheated pan. Over medium high heat fry the breast until they are cooked through. This will take five minutes or so.
- Move the chicken to one side of the pan and put the garlic in. Saute it until fragrant - about 1 minute.
- Put the heavy cream and pesto in, stir, and bring it to a boil.
- After a boil, reduce the heat to medium low, and allow it to simmer, basting occasionally, for 10 minutes. Be sure to turn the chicken over after 5 minutes.
- Pour the lemon juice in and stir.
- Garnish with the parsley.
- Serve over a bed of pasta and enjoy your creamy tomato pasta.
Share This Recipe