Easy Chicken and Dumplings
Thirty minute chicken and dumplings is the ultimate comfort food i my opinion. It is a simple combination of vegetables, chicken, and dumplings. This is another one of our half an hour recipes. It makes it a great meal for the person on the fly.
There are a few variations you can add to the dish. First off, I add frozen veggies, but you can add fresh ones or the veggies of your choice.
This recipes uses Pillsbury biscuit dough, as it is so easy to work with, but you can make the dough from scratch if you like. The dumplings are simply a matter of choice.Video:
- 2 - 3 chicken breast cut into bite size chunks
- ½ chopped onion
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables of you choice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of all purpose flour
- 2 cups of chicken stock of vegetable stock
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 container of Pillsbury biscuits, cut in half
- Add some oil to a preheated pan and put the onion and garlic in. Saute them until fragrant.
- Put the chicken in and fry until cooked. This will take 4 to 5 minutes depending on the size of the chunks.
- Put the mixed veggies in and season with salt and pepper followed by the flour. Stir until well combined.
- Pour in the chicken stock, milk, and bring to a boil.
- After a boil, add in the biscuits, reduce the heat, and allow it to simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your chicken and dumplings.
Share This Recipe