Fiesta Fruit Salad
Fruit salad is a mixture of different kinds of fruit such as chunks of pineapple, apple, etc. It is usually eaten as a dessert and is commonly prepared for special occasions in the Philippines such as Fiestas and New Year’s Eve. It is closely related to Filipino Buko salad. Using fruit cocktail, that is commonly available in local markets, and all purpose cream makes this dish famous in our country for its sweet and creamy taste which actually resembles ice cream. The beauty of this dish is that any type of local, fresh vegetable can be used in addition to those suggested in the recipe.
- 1 large can (550 g) fruit cocktail, drained
- 2 packs all purpose cream or whipped cream
- 1 can (370 ml) condensed milk
- sugar to taste
Additional fruit of your choice:
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese cubed
- 3 apples cut in bite size
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 5 banana (lakatan) cut in chunks
- 3 oranges cut in bite size
- seedless grapes
- melon slice in cubes
- Servings: 5
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino, American
(5 / 5)
- In a large bowl, Mix the drained fruit cocktail, choice of fruit, all purpose cream and condensed milk.
- Add sugar to taste and grated cheese. Mix until combined.
- Set aside in a container with cover.
- Keep refrigerate and serve. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe