Turon consists of plantain bananas wrapped in spring rolls and covered in brown sugar. This Filipino recipe is a common vendor food found on just about any street in the Philippines. Saba bananas are the best to use as a result of their sweetness. You can also add jack fruit strips over the plantain bananas. It adds more sweetness. Plantain bananas are hard to find outside the Philippines; however, other types of bananas can be substituted.
- 7-10 Saging na Saba (Plantain bananas) bananas cut in lengthwise
- brown sugar
- jackfruit strips (optional)
- spring roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil
- Servings: 3-4
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
(5 / 5)
- Cut bananas lengthwise and dip in brown sugar. Make sure bananas are fully covered with sugar.
- Place bananas in the center of wrapper and top with jackfruit. (jacfruit is optional).
- Fold edges, and then roll. Repeat this procedure for the rest of the bananas.
- In frying pan, heat vegetable oil. Deep fry all banana rolls over medium high heat until golden brown approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Drain excess oil, place on a plate. Serve this up with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup, or eat them as is. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe