French Toast Nutella Sandwich
A French toast vanilla sandwich is so delicious and incredibly simple to make. It is a great alternative to everyday French toast. I sometimes make them up on the weekends for breakfast and the kids love them. Not to mention anyone that comes over for breakfast. Give our French toast Nutella sandwich a try and let us know what you think.
There are a couple of tips to making this delightful sandwich. First, you don’t have to use the brand name Nutella as you can use any hazelnut spread alternative. You can use as much or as little of the spread as you like. Extra spices could be used in the egg mixture, as well. If you want to make extra sandwiches, use some additional eggs and milk. As a rule of thumb, I use one egg and tablespoon of milk per sandwich.Video:
- 4 pieces of bread (white or brown)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp of milk
- salt and pepper
- 3 - 4 tbsp of Nutella
- 1 tbsp of butter for frying
- 2 tsp of maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tbsp of confectioner's sugar (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Stir or whisk well.
- Spread about a tablespoon or two of Nutella onto the bottom layer of bread and spread it out evenly.
- Put the top on and dip both sides of the bread into the egg mixture.
- Repeat the process for the other sandwich.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Place the sandwiches in the pan and fry them over medium high heat until they are golden brown on each side.
- Drizzle some maple syrup over the top followed by a dusting of confectioner's sugar.
- Serve and enjoy your French toast Nutella sandwich.
Share This Recipe