Fresh Basil and Mozzarella Mini Bites
Fresh basil and mozzarella mini bites are a simple and easy finger food or snack made with fresh basil leaves and mozzarella. They are wrapped in a wonton wrapper and fried in olive oil. They are a great appetizer that everybody will love. Kids will love these mini bites as a snack during family time.
Fresh basil is recommended in this recipe as it gives distinct, tasty flavor. You can use fresh mozzarella if its available; however, a block of mozzarella will suffice. It is easy to tear and use. It also provides a the quality needed for a great taste. Shredded mozzarella is also fine, but it easily melts inside the wrapper. Adding ham to the filling is optional, as well. We tried this with ham and, believe me, it’s simply delicious. But if you are on strict diet, you may not want to add any additional toppings.
We use olive for frying as it’s healthier than vegetable oil. But if you don’t have olive oil on hand, you can use whatever you have at home. Just make sure don’t deep fry them as they will become saturated with oil and the outcome will not be good. These fresh basil ad mozzarella mini bites are a great, easy to prepare appetizer. if you’re going to have special gatherings or attend a friends party, serve these delightful mini bites. They will surely be will be a big hit.
- Fresh basil leaves
- Mozzarella cheese (block or fresh)
- salt and pepper
- wonton wrappers
- olive oil
- Servings: 3- 4
- Time: 40 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American, Brazil
(4.75 / 5)
- Place the wonton wrapper on a flat surface. Make sure the wrappers are at room temperature.
- Tear some fresh basil leaves and place them in the center of the wrapper.
- Tear a thumb size piece of mozzarella and put in in the center along with the basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush all of the edges with water. You can use egg wash if you wish.
- Fold all of the edges into your desired shape. It will really depend on the shape of the wonton wrapper.
- Add olive oil to a preheated pan, Place the mini bites in and fry them in batches, over medium heat, for approximately for 3-4 minutes or until all sides are brown.
- Remove them from the pan and set them aside on plate lined with paper towel.
- Serve with your favorite pasta, pizza, or tomato sauce. You can also serve and enjoy them as is.
Share This Recipe