Garlic Bread with Pizza Dip
Garlic bread with pizza dip is ideal for any social gathering. Whenever I serve this dish up, it is always an instant hit and my guests always ask for the recipe. It is also fantastic idea for your super bowl party. Have all your friends over to watch the game, and enjoy this super delicious snack.
As with any recipe, there are a few alterations you can make to suit your personal tastes. First of all, I use a combination of ricotta and mozzarella cheese, but you can use the cheeses of your choice. In example, cream cheese is a wonderful addition, as well. As many cheese as you like can be combined.
This recipe uses chopped pepperoni as a topping, but it can be applied in whole sliced or ham or whatever meat is desired can be used. The dish can be meatless, as well. As with any pizza based recipe, feel free to use the toppings of your choice.
As for the garlic bread, I find Pillsbury Biscuit rolls which work perfectly, but if you would like to do the bread from scratch, by all means do so. It is just a lot more work but usually pays off.
The garlic spread is made with a combination of melted butter, minced garlic, and parsley. Feel free to use additional spices if you wish. For example, a little onion powder would be nice.
I use store bought pizza sauce as it is so easy to work with, but you can make it from scratch if you are so inclined. I never have the time, but we have a really nice recipe for homemade pizza sauce. You can also use marinara sauce, tomato sauce, etc too.
Give our garlic bread with pizza dip a try, and let us know what you think.Video:
- 1 tube of Pillsbury Biscuits
- 2 cups or 600 grams of shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup or 150 grams of ricotta
- ¾ cup of pizza sauce
- ½ cup of chopped pepperoni
- ½ cup or 60 grams of melted butter
- 1 tsp of fresh or minced garlic
- 1 to 2 tsp of dried or fresh parsley depending on your liking
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F or 190 C.
- Open the biscuits and split each one in half, roll them into a ball, and line them around the edge of an 8 to 10 inch round pan. Make sure the pan is suitable for the oven.
- Add the mozzarella and ricotta to a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Spread the cheese inside the pan around the inside of the biscuits making sure you have a fairly smooth and even distribution.
- Pour the pizza sauce into the centre and swirl it just to the outside of the biscuits. You can use as much or as little sauce as you like.
- Evenly place the pepperoni over the top.
- Add the butter, garlic, and parsley into a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Brush the garlic mixture generously over the bread.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the bread is golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy your garlic bread with pizza dip
Share This Recipe