Ginataang Mais (Sweet Corn with Coconut Milk)
Ginataang Mais is a straightforward and quick Filipino dessert that can also be served as a snack. It consists of a combination of corn and coconut milk. The langka makes the dish more appealing and flavorful. When cooking, you can smell the aroma of corn. I guess your neighbor might smells it too. This dessert is perfect in any kind of weather. Whether hot or cold, this dessert is one of the Filipino favorites of all time.
- 1 medium can (1 cup) sweet kernel corn
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup ripe langka or jackfruit strips
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup glutinous rice or malagkit, washed
- 2 cups water
- Servings: 5
- Time: 35 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
(4.5 / 5)
- Place glutinous rice in a pot and pour water in. Bring to boil and simmer over medium heat until rice is tender approximately 10-12 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking on the pan.
- When rice is tender. Pour in the coconut milk. Add the corn, langka and sugar. (Adjust according to taste). Stir occasionally over medium low heat until corn is tender and mixture thickens.
- Serve hot or cold. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe