Ginataang Tilapia (Fish in coconut milk)
Ginataang tilapia is a Tilapia fish combined with coconut milk. It is one of many variation of ginataan food in the Philippines. Tilapia is very common fresh eater fish in the Philippines. Personally, this is fish is one of my favorite fish in the country. It is versatile, you can just make any kind of dish using this fish. Grill, paksiw, pinangat, pesa, pinaputok and etc. The most common way is by frying. In this recipe, we make it in simple way as people thought this is very complicated. If you are are tired of fried tilapia everyday, try making this recipe today.
- 2 medium Tilapia fish, cleaned
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger chopped
- 1 can coconut milk (1/12 cup)
- 1 bundle Pechay or bokchoy
- 2-3 tbsp fish sauce
- Pepper to taste
- Servings: 2
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
(4 / 5)
- Saute onion, garlic and ginger until fragrant. Season with fish sauce and stir.
- Pour the coconut milk, stir and bring to a boil.
- Add in green chili and tilapia fish. Cover and simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each sides.
- Lastly, add the bokchoy leaves. Soak the leaves well for few minutes until soft. Turn off heat.
Serve with fish sauce and enjoy.
Share This Recipe