Ginisang Labanos (Sauteed Radish)
Ginisang Labanos is sautéed radish with pork or shrimp. It is a delicious Lutong Bahay that is easy and straightforward to prepare. It makes a perfect lunch or dinner. In the Philippines, people love ginisa or sautéed food. You can make just about any type of meat and vegetable dish using this process. Labanos, however, is an uncommon sautéed dish due to the fact that many people don’t understand that it can be prepared this way. Many locals forget that radish can be cooked as ginisa. If you want a healthier version of this recipe, you can discard the pork and use shrimp. If you have radish in your fridge, there are no worries about lunch today. This is simple, easy, and quick to make.
- 1 medium radish cut in strips
- 1/4 kilo ground pork
- 1/4 kilo small shrimp, deveined
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, sliced
- fish sauce and pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- Servings: 3
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
(3.5 / 5)
- Heat a little bit of oil in a wok. Pan fry pork meat until light brown.
- In the same pan saute onion, garlic and tomato until fragrant.
- Add in shrimp and stir together well with meat until shrimp changes color to pink.
- Season with fish sauce, and pepper. Stir for few minutes.
- Add in radish and pour in water. Mix and simmer over medium heat for few minutes, until radish, is tender. Turn off heat.
- Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe