Graham Crema de Fruta
Crema de Fruta is a popular Filipino dessert. It is usually baked in an oven and consists of various layers of fruit cocktail, gelatin, and cream. To eliminate the need for baking, this recipe has substituted graham crackers for sponge cake. Different types of fruit can also be used depending on your taste and the availability of different types of fruit. As with any recipe, fresh fruit will be your success to a excellent outcome and tastier dish. Adding jello is optional, as well. If you add jello to your cake, make sure to let it subside in temperature first before adding it. Hot mixtures might dissolve the graham crackers easily and make them mushy.[wpsr_facebook][wpsr_pinterest][wpsr_stumbleupon][wpsr_linkedin]
- 1 large can (550 g) fruit cocktail. Drain and reserve the juice
- 2 packs (200 g) graham crackers
- 2 packs whipping cream or all purpose cream
- 1 can (300 ml) condensed milk
- 1 pouch unflavored gelatin powder (optional)
- Servings: 5-6
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
(5 / 5)
- Pour heavy whipping cream and condensed milk in a mixing bowl. Whisk well until well combined.
- In large square container or tray, arrange graham crackers. Spread and cover them with cream and top with fruit cocktail; reserve the other half can of fruit cocktail for another layer. Repeat the procedure according to layer preferences.
- For additional toppings, dissolved gelatin powder in cold water. Simmer on medium heat, and add the fruit cocktail syrup. Stir occasionally until mixture boils. Let it cool for a few minutes in the fridge until start to thickens. This step is optional, you can make this without gelatin.
- Pour the gelatin mixture over the graham crackers and fruit. Put in fridge, chill and serve.