Greek Cucumber Summer Salad
Greek cucumber summer salad is light, healthy, and delicious. It’s one of my all time favorite summer dishes. This salad is a great side dish or main dish. It’s the perfect salad for somebody who’s diet conscious.
The tips to making this fantastic Greek cucumber summer salad are as follows: I peel and remove the seeds from my cucumber. To do this, simply cut them in half and scoop out the seedy section with a spoon. I also core and remove the seeds from the tomatoes. Red onions are used in this recipe, but you can use yellow or white onions if you wish. I just find that the red onions give a nicer appearance and a sweeter taste. The most critical component of the recipe is the feta cheese because without this it simply wouldn’t be Greek. Of course, you can add as much or as little as you like. I use freshly squeezed lemon juice in the salad and 2 tbsp is equivalent to half a lemon. A welcomed addition to this dish might be some black olives.
- 2 cucumbers, seeded and peeled
- 2 tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- Servings: 2
- Level: Easy
- Time: 20 minutes
- Cuisine: Greek
(5 / 5)
- Peel the cucumber and slice it lengthwise into quarters. Using a spoon, scoop the seeds out.. Cut the cucumber into 1 inch pieces. Place the cucumber into a colander and sprinkle some salt over the top. Put the colander over a mixing bowl and allow it to sit for 15 minutes to extract the water.
- Add the cucumbers, onions and tomatoes to a mixing bowl. Squeeze in the lemon and pour in the olive oil. Season it with black pepper. Using two wooden spoons, toss until it’s well combined.
- Place the salad into individual serving bowls and crumble the feta over the top.
- Chill or serve immediately.
- Enjoy your Greek cucumber salad.