Ham and Potato Frittata
Potato and ham frittatas are simple and delicious. They are a great way to use up leftovers in the fridge. I love them on the weekends for brunch. I usually serve them up with some toast and a bit of ketchup on the side. Of course, a cup of hot coffee is a must.
The beauty of a frittata is you can use just about anything in it. I choose to make a potato and ham frtitata simply because I had them leftover from the night before. You could, however, use spinach, broccoli, zucchini, or mushrooms. Actually, the sky is the limit.
There are many methods of making this dish, but I find this one is easy and it always produces an incredibly nice frittata. It’s important to leave the egg mixture cook, over low heat, for about 3 minutes only. If you leave it any more than that, the bottom will burn. Twenty minutes in a 400 degree oven is just about perfect. Any longer and it will become rubbery. If you don’t have a skillet, you can use a frying pan. I usually place some aluminum foil over the handle just to prevent it from melting and burning.
- 1 large boiled potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 slices of ham, diced
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp of parsley fresh or dried
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion chopped
- Servings: 4
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Italian
(5 / 5)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add in the milk, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and parsley. Using a whisk or wooden spoon, mix until they are well combined.
- Gently fold the potato into the mixture.
- Add some cooking oil to a frying pan or skillet over medium heat. Add in the ham, onions, and garlic. Stir and saute them for 1 minute.
- After a minute, reduce the heat to low and add in the egg mixture. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, swirl it around a little so you get an even distribution of the contents of the mixture. Allow it to cook for about 3 minutes, just until the outside edges begin to set.
- Turn off the heat and place it into the oven for about 20 minutes or until it has nicely set.
- Cut it into serving pieces. Serve and enjoy your ham and potato frtitata.
Share This Recipe